Monday 22 September 2014

My final weeks of pregnancy

After my last pregnancy update (week 35) life got super busy.  At 36 weeks we had our co-ed babyshower which was a huge success, the event was amazing!  We got so many wonderful gifts for our babygirl!!  I had an ultrasound to check the position of the baby as my doctor thought she was breech, and turns out she was breech.  Here I am at 36 weeks! I also finished work at the end of 36 weeks.

 
                                                  Here is DH and I the day of the shower!
 

My mom asked me to watch my sister who is 2 years old.  I have to admit I didn't want to as I was feeling big and pregnant at this point. I reluctantly agreed to taking her for a few days and after changing plans my mom wanted me to have her for almost 2 weeks!  As you effing serious!?!?!? Lets just say I was pissed.  Don't get me wrong, I love her and adore my baby sister but I wasn't feeling well. I was always nauseated, I could barely walk in the mornings and I had a shit ton of back and pelvic pain.  I felt my mom was being super selfish, she had no consideration for me, and kinda takes advantage at times.  I had her for several days and we some how got through it all.  My mom was going on a trip so this seemed to be all she cared about, it didn't matter who else was affected! She even wanted to leave 2-3 days early and if she had she would have missed my baby shower and she didn't even care!  UGH okay rant over!  We also did my nieces bday party at my house that Sunday!

The weekend that I was 37 weeks we had Kamdens 4th birthday party.  We totally did a McDonalds party.  I know all the crazy moms out there would judge me for this.  I can just hear it now... "you shouldn't feed your kids McDonalds" etc etc.  Well I did and I don't regret it lmao.  I was very pregnant, I wasn't up for the planning and cleaning that a big party takes!  This option was perfect, and lets face it, every kid should have at least 1 mcD's party.  The party was nice, the kids had a great time.  My mom returned from her trip the day of the party (Sunday) and took my sister home with her then.  So over the course of 2 weeks I had "someone" at my house constantly weather it be party guest or family.   When everyone left I finally got to kick back and relax in the quietness of home.  The doctor did plan to do another ultrasound to re-check the babys position.  Here is me at 37 weeks!



The weekend I turned 38 weeks we hung around home mostly.  We took Kamden out for his choice of bday dinner on his actual bday, he chose pizza hut!  My dh went to Toronto on the Saturday to visit his family.  I was kinda upset by this as I wasn't feeling to well AND I was so pregnant that it didn't seem like a good time to go.  While he was there I told him I didn't feel right and he should come home as soon as he can!  So he did and he was mad that I appeared fine LMAO.  Sunday during the day was another slow lazy day.  My husband washed his car and I sat out on the front porch.  We tried to discuss what we should name our baby girl but we still hadn't decided. I put together some baby items and brought out the baby swing.  Dh asked me why I was doing all that right now, we still had 2 weeks before we would expect the baby.  Little did any of us know that I would have my little girl only a few hours later...

No comments:

Post a Comment