Thursday 10 May 2012

Everyone needs a good INTRO!


Welcome to my first blog post!  I have been an avid blogger for many years and have decided to start a new blog here! 

A little about me..

I'm 26 years old, mother of two boys, have a wonderful dh, social media lover, registered practical nurse since 2009, Canadian born and raised, slightly rezed, TTC obsessed, videogame-a-holic, with a crazy and interesting past.  At this point in my life I feel I am almost at the top of my game!  I've worked hard to get a good a life for me and all my boys! I began blogging in 2005/2006 and in reflection I must say I have been very un-censored, honest and somewhat crazy in my ways.  A part of me was going to continue my old blog but to me it represents a totally different part of my life, one in which is over and a new chapter began.  My old blog remains {here} but should you read it please keep in mind that I was indeed insane {just kidding!} but it is very forthcoming.   When i look back and read it, I barely recognize myself and its almost as if I can't remember actually experiencing those experiences! None the less its a part of me; one that i will never regret and can make some interesting reading!



My family..

I come from a mixed family.  Both parents re-married/new relationships: my dads still with his common-law partner of 20+ years and my step mom had 2 kids from a previous marriage and she and my dad had one together.  My mom is currently single and has two children from other relationships.  So that makes 1 step sister (27yrs), 1 step bro (25yrs), 2 sisters (12 yrs and 18yrs) and 1 bro (16 yrs).  Our family map would look something like this:
My oldest sister (step) is the only other one with kids - 5 to be exact and 1 on the way! YAY! She has given me 3 nieces and 2 nephews - she and her dh live about an hour away.  My step bro and 19yr old sister live with us - we all live at my dad {a story in its own}.  My mom lives 3 hours away with my youngest sister and my little bro lives with his dad.  Our whole dynamic looks something like this:
The green box around me and the boys just represent who is all in my little "bubble".

Brendan - oh where or where do i start... i will save his story for another post but I had Brendan as the age of 16, thus jump starting my apparent adult life.  He is now almost 10, he loves hockey, has a long sorted history of academic difficulty, and is a LEGO fanatic!!!!  Was an only child for 8 years however he does technically have siblings by his father {whom he only sees a few times a year}.  He has a lot of friends and doesn't listen, boy oh boy I'm looking forward to those teenaged years which are right around the corner!!  This be him: {photo taken at one the last and hockey tournament we were at}



Kamden - my precious little bubzer, born in 2010 and the light of our lives.  He loves to trouble his big bro! Like Brendan he has a long story regarding his birth - In a nutshell he doesn't see his dad and hasn't since Nov of 2010.  None the less he is loved beyond belief : here is the little trouble maker


Dwighty - the DH in my life, there is oh so much i can say about him <3 i continue to feel the same about him as i did when we first met {even when he is being a jack ass} He is a good friend and is extremely good to the boys.   He has taken on the role of father of bubszer despite the fact that he was a single, no kids, bachelor type before he met us!  I can't wait till we are married <3 He doesn't live with us presently as our move was sudden however he will be here once we get settled in our new place!



My life in a nutshell..

I recently moved from Toronto Ontario.   I took a chance and moved out of my comfort zone and tried to "have it all" in the big city.  Well the picture sounds better then the reality.  The cost of living butt-raped us so badly that I just didn't want to live there anymore.  I was paying $1700/mon in rent, $800-$1000/month in childcare, plus losing $500-$600 a month in tax, I was covering those two costs and nothing else.  And i am an EDUCATED and registered staff - There is no reason for me to struggle financially!  Plus my older son was like a number in the crazy school system - he has special academic needs as it is and this school didn't help that :(  While i lived there i met DH <3 <3 <3 so i truly believe god works in mysterious ways and I was indeed there for a reason. I probably could have made it work but I just didn't "feel" Toronto,  I made a swift move back to my home town.  This is where I am now - jobless {but I'm looking}, homeless {but not really since I'm staying at my dads}.  To get my happy I just need to get me a new job! And a new place to live!  I'm kind of waiting till i find a job to move again as I'm not sure where I want to work! 


Well that should give a good start as too who I am, Look forward to meeting other blogging mamas!

No comments:

Post a Comment