Thursday 10 May 2012

Now that i have the formality of introduction completed, I can be real ;)

I have two life issues I'd like to discuss and/or rant about.

1) Un-emplyment

2) TTC (trying to conceive)

Unrelated topics and somehow tie into my life together. 

As previous blogs have said, I am currently out of work.  I was just working as a Clinic Nurse in the intercity of Etobicoke, Ontario.  It was a busy 7 MD clinic and was actually a really great job.  In moving i effectively ended my employment with :( So here I am, educated, graduated, and looking for a job.   Its been about 4 weeks and here I am still job less. WHY IS IT SO HARD to get a job?  Even getting an interview is hard :/ My resume and cover are immaculate - Ive had both reviewed by an employment councillor.  The town I'm living in has a very limited job listings as it is but i am still having no luck!!!!!!!   I have looked in every nook and cranny of the interwebs to no avail. Here is the 411 on myself

- I graduated in 2009 from a reputable college in Ontario, Canada
- Ive worked mostly in Long Term Care and Doctors offices
- I am a member of the College of Nurses
- I am a member of the RPNAO
- Excellent references
- Working as a nurse since 2009
- EXPERT at venipucture and any type of injections!
- extensive resume which outline my skills

Something, somewhere must scream out not to hire me or give me an interview!

I have my first and only interview this Monday - its for paediatric and OB nurse at a local hospital.  Truth be told this is best case scenario!  If i could pick any area of nursing to do, THIS would be it! PROBLEM: i have no experience in these areas no do i have extended education in these areas.  However I am more then willing to obtain this!!  Those areas are WHY i went into nursing to begin with!! I want it more then I can even put into words.  I don't know how to dazzle the interviewer when i have no experience!!   I will be hoping and praying my heart away until then!!!  Look for updates.


Secondly, TTCing

I know being unemployed isn't a good time to be TTC however this was started prior to quitting my job.  Dh and I have been actively TTCing since January of this year. We are in cycle 5 with no pregnancy at all.   Ive charted my BBT temps, check cervical position, checked cervical mucus, used OPK and basically stood on my head after sex (BDing).  This is what I have learned about myself in the process:

- I ovulate on Day 17/18 of my cycle
- My shortest cycle was 28 days
- My longest cycle was 36 days
- cervical mucus all looks the same
- OPKs confuse me
- i love fertility friend

Ive tried being a hardcore charter, Ive tried letting it all go and doing nothing but BDing.  Nothing.   This cycle Ive bought test both pregnancy and OPKs - I'm going to try my hand at multi OPKing and see what happens.   Ive seen so many fellow TTCers get their positives, Ive seen multiple friends get positives.  Even my sister got another BFP and she started TTC after me!! IT HAS TO BE MY TURN!!!! COME ON!!!! Is there a trick to this whole getting pregnant thing???  My prior pregnancies were unexpected so Ive never experienced this before.

Today I am on Cycle Day 9.  I cant wait to get my tests, Ive never ordered online but it seems to be quite popular.

So for those who are TTCing, any suggestions??

Here are some of my favourite TTC links

Babyzone - the BEST support Ive had for pregnancy, ttc and baby
Fertility Friend - Ovulation Tracking, temping
Count Down To Pregnancy - another tracking tools

No comments:

Post a Comment